Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Sarah and I am a biochemistry Ph.D student who lives in Boulder, CO. You may be wondering why this is called “Potassium Photography” and not “Potassium’s Fun Days in the Lab!” Wellllll… I happen to LOVE photography and I am trying to get better at taking pictures. Sooooo I started this blog to challenge myself.
Okay… here’s the deal:
- I’m going to post a picture every week day (weekends are for rest/taking more pictures!!!)
- SOME days will have a special theme while other days, I can post whatever I want
- I reserve the right to change any of my picture rules at any time… ;)
So…. I guess I should have some rules so that I can break them…. Here they are:
- Monday – I have to post a portrait
- Tuesday – free day – I can post whatever I want (including pictures that I really like but I didn’t take)
- Wednesday – I have to post a black and white picture
- Thursday – free day – I can post whatever I want (including pictures that I really like but I didn’t take)
- Friday– Never underestimate the power of the cell phone camera! That’s right. Friday’s picture has to be a picture that I took on my cell phone!
Okay. Intro – check. Rules – check. Picture….. welp, it’s Friday so I guess I’d better post a cell phone picture…
Today is the day before mole day (for you non chemists out there, a mole is 6.22 x 1023 of anything. So a mole of eggs would be 6.22 x 1023 eggs. Wow… That is a lot of eggs…). Anyway, in celebration of mole day, the chemistry department made elemental cupcakes that you could buy for a penny a proton. I bought Potassium (of course) and then Cobalt for my boyfriend because he asked for it. And I think that is all! Have a happy weekend! The Denver zombie crawl is this weekend so watch out… next week’s photos are going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting…