Lots of fun in this post. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. First, the fortunes. So in case you are just tuning in to the “Recap of Potassium and Cobalt’s Wedding” Series, let me remind you that for our wedding, we made felt fortune cookies as our favors (pattern is here). The fortune cookies were prominantly featured on the blog mostly because Cobalt and I couldn’t decide what to put on the fortunes. We actually figured out the back first (It said: “Lucky numbers: 8 4 12”) and then finally, one day while visiting Cobalt’s family, we cranked out 10 possible fortunes: facts about Cobalt and me. Nine of them are complete lies and one of them is a very silly truth. Cobalt typed them all up to make them actually look like fortunes (he picked an amazing font and they printed out really great) and then Cobalt and the T stuffed each fortune cookie with one of the fortunes before the T and I set off to CA. All this work was put in…. and then we forgot to put the fortunes out for our guests…….
I think what actually happened was that it was a bit windy when the caterers were setting up the tables so they didn’t want to put the fortunes out and have them all blow away. In the end, it was Cobalt and me running around during the dancing part of the reception handing out fortunes (it was kind of funny…) and we ended up with a lot left (as you can see from that picture). Anyway, I am sure you are all interested in reading the fortune options (even if you received your very own fortune cookie at our wedding!) so without further ado, here they are:
9 lies and a truth
- While living in Albuquerque, Potassium & Cobalt were featured in “Breaking Bad.” They were in plain sight.
- To recreate the day they met, Potassium & Cobalt are honeymooning in the belly of a whale.
- Potassium was impressed with Cobalt’s uncanny ability to sing like a capaberra.
- Cobalt was impressed with Potassium’s uncanny ability to crochet 50 chickens in an hour.
- Cobalt and Potassium are secret agents. They appreciate your discretion.
- Cobalt and Potassium have a pet dinosaur named ‘Sinatra.’ ‘Dino” was already taken.
- Potassium and Cobalt accidentally spilled yogurt on President Obama when he last visited Boulder.
- Potassium and Cobalt once went to Amarillo, TX just to try on big hats.
- The understudy for the groom is Nathan Fillion. If you see him, let us know.
- The understudy for the bride is Amy Adams. You won’t see her. She is hidden.
Switching gears a little bit. I thought I could also talk briefly about my bridesmaids’ gifts. I got them each a necklace/earring set and… a stuffed Shark Banana. The shark bananas were a huuuuuge hit and all five of them plus mine showed up for the wedding (without any of us discussing this idea). We took some pictures of us pre ceremony and then our photographer found out and went to town with it. “Okay… have your banana shark kiss Potassium… okay make your banana shark a mustache… OHHHHHHH I SAW THAT! You dropped your banana shark on the ground! I am going to have to call BSPS – banana shark protection services…” It was a shark banana/bridesmaid/bride extravaganza. Can’t wait to see those pictures… But until then, here is a picture of all the Shark bananas in the bridal suite before the wedding started… :)
What is your favorite fortune? Any other requests for wedding Wednesday posts? I am kind of running out of topics…